Thursday, March 08, 2007


Another Remarkable Day.....SSH worked Smoothly and Rakesh Logged in..
+===============================================+

This is my desktop above .There you can see a file WELCOME RAKESH which was meant for Rakesh.Below that is a file created by Rakesh.

Now my system specs..Im using an AMD64 3000+ processor that has a clock of 1.8Ghz.I use a cool MoBo by the name ASUS A8N-VM. (nVidia GeForce 6100 onboard + nVidia nForce 410)..Cool Stuff Indeed .Since Im using a 64bit PC ,i though why not try Ubuntu 6.06 LTS (Dapper Drake) and Iam greatful to Canonical for their services.

Synaptic is really an excellent Package Manager and I downloaded "openssh-server "using it.Alos I downloaded PuTTY from the repository(In case ...:D).

I could start the Remote Shell Sever from the Services segment in the Administration part.Ubunt users see next to the FireFox icon).Then i asked my friend to type the following in the console.

ssh nandu@219.64.66.228

nandu --> My user name followed by @ and my IP during that time.

Then he faces something similar to this

The authenticity of host '127.0.0.1 (127.0.0.1)' can't be established.
RSA key fingerprint is 0c:77:3b:0c:55:07:0e:0a:3e:cb:9f:85:75:f6:c7:77.
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)?


I asked him to hit yes and press enter which came up with this on his terminal

Warning: Permanently added '127.0.0.1' (RSA) to the list of known hosts.
nandu@127.0.0.1's password:

Now i give him my password and he enters it>what he sees next is something like this

Linux nandu-desktop 2.6.15-28-amd64-generic #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Feb 1 15:53:41 UTC 2007 x86_64 GNU/Linux

The programs included with the Ubuntu system are free software;
the exact distribution terms for each program are described in the
individual files in /usr/share/doc/*/copyright.

Ubuntu comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by
applicable law.
Last login: Thu Mar 8 00:27:53 2007 from localhost


Here i have demonstrated using my localhost .So readers just replace the localhost with my /Your IP and try these.
You can tweak the SSH server by bringing considerable changes in the /etc/ssh/sshd_config file and also /etc/ssh/ssh_config file in the user mode.

NB: NEVER ACCESS THE NET USING LINUX IN THE ROOT USER MODE...
SEEK HELP OF SUPER USER MODE AS AND WHEN NECESSARY

No comments: